Miswa is a simple and delicious dish that originates from the Philippines. It has a savory flavor and is usually served as a side dish, but can also be enjoyed on its own. It is made from mung beans, which are high in protein and fiber, making it a healthy and nutritious option for a meal.
This miswa recipe is easy to make and can be completed in about 45 minutes total. The dish can be enjoyed hot and makes a delicious meal or snack.
– ½ cup dried mung beans
– 1 tablespoon cooking oil
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 teaspoon salt
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– ½ cup fish sauce, or more to taste
1. Start by soaking the mung beans in water for 1-2 hours. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onions are softened.
3. Add the mung beans, salt, and pepper to the pan. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour in 2 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the beans simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the beans are tender.
5. Add the fish sauce and stir to combine. Serve the miswa hot. Enjoy!