Mission BBQ Pulled Chicken – A Combination of Sweet, Smoky & Spicy Flavours
Mission BBQ Pulled Chicken is a savoury dish which combines the sweet, smoky and spicy flavours of traditional American BBQ. Created with all the juicy and succulent goodness of a slow-cooked tomato and garlic marinade, this recipe is guaranteed to make your mouth water.
- 2kg of Chicken Pieces
- 400ml of Barbecue Sauce
- 8 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
- 2tsp of Sea Salt
- 2tsp of Chilli Powder
- 1tsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 Tsps of Paprika
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 500ml of Tomato Puree
- 1 Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl mix the barbecue sauce, garlic, sea salt, chilli powder, brown sugar, paprika, onion, tomato puree and some lemon juice.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken pieces and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6.
- Spread the marinated chicken pieces on a greased baking tray.
- Place the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken is browned and cooked take out of the oven.
- Remove the chicken from the tray and shred the pieces with two forks.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the extra marinade and serve.
This Mission BBQ Pulled Chicken is the perfect meal to enjoy with friends and family. Enjoyed with great sides such as parmesan tossed french fries, focaccia bread and a seasonal salad, it’s sure to be a winner with all. It’s also great for sharing and for those days you can’t decide what to cook.
The sweet, smoky and spicy flavour of this recipe is perfect for any gathering. It’s a perfect combination of flavours with a slight kick of chilli spice to it. As the pulled chicken is cooked in its own marinade, it retains its juicy and succulent flavour.
There are many variations on the recipe, whether you like to increase the heat of the chilli or add extra herbs and spices, there’s something to suit everyone. If you prefer to marinade the chicken overnight the flavours will further develop. Mission BBQ Pulled Chicken is a great way to transport yourself to classic backyard BBQs.
So don’t delay, grab your apron and get cooking!