An Intoxicatingly Delicious Mini Tea Cake Recipe
Do you fancy a sweet treat that will tantalize your taste buds? Then you need to try this easy and surprisingly quick mini tea cake recipe. It’s a divine combination of delicate sweetness, with just the right balance of texture and flavor.
– 2 cups plain flour
– ¾ cup caster sugar
– ¼ cup butter
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
– 4 eggs
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 2 tablespoons black tea powder
– 2 tablespoons dried apricots, finely chopped
– Handful of chopped pistachios
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a mini muffin pan with butter.
2. Put the flour, caster sugar, butter, baking powder, cardamom, and tea powder in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands or a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles a coarse meal.
3. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl until they’re light and fluffy, then add the buttermilk.
4. Gradually stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until they’re fully mixed.
5. Lastly, stir in the chopped apricots and pistachios.
6. Scoop the mini muffin pan with a spoon, filling each section about halfway. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
A Unique Twist on a Classic
Tea cakes have been around since the 17th century, and are one of the most beloved pastries in many cultures. The apricots and cardamom in this mini tea cake recipe give a delightful twist to this classic—you get that fresh, elevated sweetness with a hint of fragrant spice. The pistachios give it a lovely crunch, and the black tea powder isn’t just for flavor—it’s been known to soothe the stomach and reduce cramping.
This mini tea cake recipe is an easy way to enjoy a sweet classic any time of day. Best served with a cup of hot tea (or coffee, if you must!), these small treats are sure to please!