The Iconic Minecraft Lantern – It’s Here at Last!
Minecraft might have possibly been one of the biggest gaming sensations of the decade, and one of its key features have been its distinctive pixel world blocks. The lantern is a piece of the unique pixel art used in the game, and now for the first time ever you can make the iconic Minecraft Lantern in real life! Here’s a beautiful and tasty way to do just that.
Minecraft Lantern Cake Recipe
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 2 cups sugar
– 4 eggs, large
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 4 tablespoons water or lemon juice
– 4 tablespoons meringue powder
– Assorted food coloring
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour one 9-inch round cake pan and one 9-inch square cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture, alternating with the buttermilk or yogurt, and beat until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let the cakes cool completely on a wire rack before assembling.
6. To make the icing, combine the powdered sugar, water or lemon juice, and meringue powder in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Divide the icing into separate bowls and add food coloring to each one to achieve your desired colors.
7. Once the cakes have cooled, carefully level the tops and set aside. Place the round cake on a cake stand or plate. Starting at the center of the round cake, place a square cake overlapping onto the round cake. Using a paper towel, smooth out the edges and remove any excess icing.
8. Place the icing in a piping bag and fit with a star tip. Pipe around the edges of the cake to create a block shape. Use the remaining colors of icing to pipe the remaining details of the lantern and you’re done! Enjoy your Minecraft Lantern Cake.
This Minecraft Lantern Cake is a fun and tasty way to celebrate the success of the popular game. It’s sure to be the hit of the party and will have your guests in awe of your crafty baking skills. So, get out your Minecraft Lantern and show the world your gaming skills!