A Taste of Home: Mince Chicken Recipe
Do you have a hankering for a home-cooked meal, but don’t know where to start? Look no further: mince chicken is the perfect dish for you! Combining succulent chicken with fragrant herbs and spices amidst a slow-simmered base of tomato and onion, this hearty dish will bring unforgettable flavors to your table.
Unique Spice Mix
This traditional Indian recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and savory. The star of the show is garam masala, a heady mix of cumin, coriander, cardamom, fenugreek, and more. Combined with garam masala are turmeric, dried chilies, and garlic – all of which adds a warmth and depth to this comforting dish.
Mince chicken brings together the best of both worlds: tender chunks of chicken are mixed with a plentiful tomato base, allowing for a multitude of textures and flavors. By adjusting the cooking time, you can achieve different flavors and textures depending on your preference.
An Authentic Experience
When making mince chicken, it’s important that you use freshly-ground spices. This will enhance the aromatic profile of the dish, truly transporting you to the heart of Indian cuisine. You can find garam masala and turmeric in most grocery stores, or visit an Indian market to find more hard-to-find spices and produce.
Bringing it all Together
This mince chicken is sure to be the star at your next dinner party. Serve on basmati rice, with a side of naan bread, onion rings, and fresh coriander. Enjoy with friends and family and make it a memorable experience!
Mince Chicken Recipe
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons garam masala
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 pounds ground chicken
• 2 tomatoes, chopped
• 1 1⁄2 cups water
• Salt, to taste
• 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped
• Basmati rice, naan bread, onion rings, fresh coriander, for serving (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic, sauté for 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
3. Add the garam masala, turmeric, and chili powder; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
5. Add the tomatoes and 1 cup of water; cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add the remaining 1⁄2 cup of water; simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Taste and season with salt, if desired.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander, and serve over basmati rice, with a side of naan bread, onion rings, and fresh coriander.