Milky Sweetness: An Easy Recipe for Milk Rice Cake
If old-fashioned indulgence and a comforting warm hug is what you crave, then welcome to the world of milk rice cake. A beloved classic originating from Asian cultures, this dish is a delicious combination of soft rice flour, creamy milk and sweet sugar.
Interesting to make and delectably delicious, milk rice cake is a classic crowd-pleaser. The preparation process often evokes a sense of fond nostalgia, reminding us of simpler, more communal times.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked rice, sugar and salt. Stir in milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour one-fourth cup melted butter in the bottom of a glass baking dish. Pour rice mixture in the baking dish and spread evenly.
- Melt remaining butter and drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.
Whether serving a cozy family breakfast or a holiday treat, milk rice cake will surely be a hit! Cool and creamy with a subtle sweetness, this classic concoction is truly a timeless crowd pleaser.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can liven-up this milky classic with a few additions. From adding delicious fruit flavors like mango or coconut to topping the cake off with freshly-ground cinnamon, there’s a whole world of possibilities out there!
Take your time when preparing your milk rice cake and savor the unique flavors of this charming classic. With its soft, comforting texture and lightly sweet flavor, it’ll quickly become a treasured favorite.