Mexican Pico de Gallo Recipe:
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Season with salt to taste and mix together.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Mexican Pico de Gallo is a fresh and flavorful salsa made of tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, red onion, cilantro and lime juice. This traditional salsa is a staple at Mexican tables and can be served with chips, tacos, salads, enchiladas, burritos, and quesadillas to name a few. A simple mix of fresh ingredients can be prepped and combined in under 10 minutes and makes for a great party dip or side dish.
The ingredients for Mexican Pico de Gallo come together quickly and require minimal effort to dice or chop. Simply combine all the ingredients in a bowl, season with salt and chill. The flavors will meld together and form the perfect flavorful sauce. The salsa should be served at room temperature or chilled and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week in an airtight container.
Mexican Pico de Gallo is a great party dip and goes well with just about every type of Mexican dish. It adds a vibrant, fresh tangy flavor to tacos, enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas and salads. Not to mention, it’s a healthy addition to any meal. For a delicious side to any Mexican meal, be sure to try this zesty classic Mexican Pico de Gallo recipe.