Make Your Own Mexican Nachos
Nachos are a delicious snack food. This Mexican style version is simple but scrumptious, and it’s perfect for a party.
– 1 bag of tortilla chips
– 2 cups of shredded Mexican blend cheese
– 1/2 cup of jalapenos (sliced or diced)
– 1/2 cup of black olives (sliced)
– 1/2 cup of diced onion
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
– Sour cream (for garnish)
– Salsa (for garnish)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread the chips out into an even layer on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle the cheese, jalapenos, black olives, and onion evenly over the chips.
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the chips and then sprinkle the taco seasoning over the entire dish.
5. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chips are slightly golden brown.
6. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.
You can make these Mexican nachos as simple or as elaborate as you’d like. For example, feel free to add your favorite protein like ground beef, shredded chicken, refried beans, or tofu. You could also top them with diced tomatoes, avocados, or guacamole. No matter what you choose, these nachos will be a delicious treat for your friends and family.