Mexican Rice Recipe
Mexican rice is a great side dish for any Mexican dinner. This simple, flavorful dish is easy to make and always a hit. Serve with tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or any other Mexican dish for a tasty meal!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 oz.) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- In a medium size pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the rice and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, oregano, and salt to the pot. Stir together and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth and diced tomatoes to the pot. Stir until combined and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, turn off heat and let the rice sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve with your favorite Mexican dish.
I hope you enjoy this Mexican Rice recipe! It is an easy and flavorful side dish to any Mexican dinner. Serve it with tacos, enchiladas, burritos, or any other dish for a tasty meal. Enjoy!