Mexican Fajitas Recipe
Fajitas are a Mexican-style dish traditionally made with grilled peppers and onions as well as steak or chicken. This version includes pico de gallo and guacamole to give it a truly south-of-the-border flavor.
- 1 lb. steak or chicken, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, any color, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 4-6 tortillas, warmed
- For garnish: Pico de gallo, guacamole, lime wedges, sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell peppers, and steak or chicken. Sprinkle with the cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender and the steak or chicken is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Spoon the fajita mixture onto tortillas and garnish with pico de gallo, guacamole, lime wedges, and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.