Mexican Enchiladas Recipe
Mexican enchiladas are one of the most popular Mexican dishes around. They are easy to make and make for a delicious meal. They are made with a variety of ingredients, can be filled with cheese, chicken, beef, pork, or vegetables and then topped with a spicy chili salsa. Here is an easy recipe for Mexican enchiladas that is sure to please your taste buds!
– 1 pound of ground beef
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
– 12 corn or flour tortillas
– 2 cups of salsa
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin over medium-high heat. Cook until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is soft.
3. Remove the beef mixture and set aside.
4. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip each tortilla in the salsa, coating both sides. Place in the hot skillet and cook for about 30 seconds per side.
5. Set aside and repeat the process with the remaining tortillas.
6. Place 3 tablespoons of the beef mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with a tablespoon of cheese. Roll tightly and place each enchilada seam side down in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
7. Top the enchiladas with the remaining salsa and cheese.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
9. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and diced tomatoes, if desired. Enjoy!