Mexican Elote – An Easy Mexican Grilled Corn Recipe
Mexican Elote, or Mexican style grilled corn, is a delicious and easy to make dish that is served throughout Mexico. It is typically served as a summer side dish and full of flavor! The combination of simple ingredients produces a burst of flavor in every bite.
This particular elote recipe is made with Mexican Cotija cheese and freshly squeezed lime juice, which gives it an irresistible flavor. And best of all, it is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
– 4 ears of corn, husks on
– 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
– 4 tablespoons of Mexican Cotija cheese
– 2 limes
– 1 tablespoon of chili powder
– 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1. Preheat your grill to 350 F.
2. Peel back the husk on each ear of corn, removing the silks.
3. Brush each ear of corn with the mayonnaise.
4. Sprinkle each ear with the chili powder, garlic powder, and the Mexican Cotija cheese.
5. Squeeze the fresh limes over the ears of corn.
6. Wrap the husks back around the ears of corn and secure them with twine.
7. Place the ears of corn onto the preheated grill for 20 minutes. Turn every 5 minutes for even cooking.
8. Remove from the grill and enjoy!