Mexican Chiles Rellenos: A Fusion of Spice and Flavor
Mexican Chiles Rellenos are a specialty of true Mexican cuisine. They are a delicious blend of piquant spices and robust flavors blended together for an unforgettable dish. Chiles Rellenos are essentially ancho chilies that are stuffed with cheese, diced onions, and various spices and then deep-fried until golden crispy perfection. This dish has become very popular in Mexican restaurants and can now be found on many menus across the U.S.
What is particularly unique about Chiles Rellenos is that the flavors vary widely depending on the regions of Mexico or the country in which it’s made. Some versions are mild, while others are spicier with lots of chilies and bold spices. Whichever version you make, Mexican Chiles Rellenos is sure to be a hit.
– 4 large ancho chilies
– 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1 cup vegetable oil
1. Start by prepping the ancho chilies by cutting off the tops, then removing the seeds and membranes.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, onion, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper until combined.
3. Fill each ancho chili with the cheese mixture, making sure not to overfill.
4. Place the flour in a shallow dish. Dip each chili into the flour and roll to coat.
5. Dip the floured chilies in the beaten eggs.
6. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chilies and fry until golden brown on each side.
7. Transfer the chilies to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb some of the excess oil. Serve warm.
Mexican Chiles Rellenos are the perfect way to add some beloved Mexican flavor to your table. They are deliciously spicy and bursting with flavor. Whether you serve them as an appetizer or a main dish, they are sure to be a hit. Enjoy!