Mouth Watering Methi Chicken
If you ever find yourself needing an exotic dish that spices up the dinner table, then look no further than Methi Chicken. It is the perfect way to impress dinner guests with a flavor that teeters between sweet and spicy. As a dish, it is packed with nutrition, utilizing ingredients such as garlic, fenugreek, red chillies and more to keep both your stomach and taste buds satisfied.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 1.5 tablespoons of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of fenugreek, crushed
- 1.5 teaspoons of red chillies, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 cup of fresh fenugreek leaves (methi)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat ghee over medium-high heat. Add in the garlic, crushed fenugreek and red chillies, sautéing until fragrant and the garlic is lightly golden.
- Add the butter and chicken thighs to the skillet. Fry until the thighs are browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Add the cumin, onion, and yogurt, stirring until all ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Add in the garam masala and fenugreek leaves (methi) and stir until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet, simmering for 30 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with warm rice or naan. Enjoy!
Discover the Tasteful Surprise of Methi Chicken
Methi Chicken is a delicious dish, containing a distinctive blend of flavors, textures and spices. The fenugreek provides a subtle sweetness, red chillies offer a hint of heat, and the cumin and garam masala give it a truly Eastern flavor. It’s a dish that is sure to bring life to the dinner table.
This recipe is relatively simple to make and requires ingredients that can easily be found in any grocery store. All you need to do is gather the ingredients, follow the instructions, and enjoy. Bon appetite!