Memphis-Style Pulled Pork: An Unforgettable Charred Barbecue Delight
When it comes to mouth-watering, fall-off-the-bone pulled pork, Memphis-Style Pulled Pork is unmatched! Not only does this traditional American barbecue dish have intense and smoky flavors, but it is also cooked using a unique cooking method that infuses every ounce of the pork with flavor from head to tail. Here in Memphis, we’re proud of our pulled pork – it’s a cultural dish steeped in generations of tradition and flavor.
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
– 2 teaspoon sugar
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 4-5 pound pork shoulder
– 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
– 2 cups barbecue sauce
– 8-10 hamburger buns
1. Mix together garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, smoked sea salt, and sugar in a bowl – this is your seasoning rub.
2. Liberally rub the pork shoulder with the seasoning mix, then set aside.
3. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the pork shoulder to the skillet and cook until it’s well-browned on all sides.
5. Transfer the pork shoulder to a slow cooker and pour the apple cider vinegar over the top.
6. Cook the pork on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
7. When the pork is cooked, use two forks to pull it apart into shreds.
8. Add the barbecue sauce and mix everything together.
9. Serve the pulled pork on hamburger buns and top with more barbecue sauce.
The Best Way to Enjoy Memphis-Style Pulled Pork
True aficionados of Memphis-style barbecue understand that the experience isn’t complete until you’ve added a little something extra to your pulled pork! We love to add a generous drizzle of our signature sweet-and-spicy Memphis BBQ sauce, or a sprinkling of our famous Memphis-style rub. There’s nothing quite like the taste of slow-cooked pork paired with sweet and spicy sauces.
If you’re looking for a memorable meal to enjoy with friends and family, look no further than Memphis-Style Pulled Pork! This traditional American dish is sure to wow your taste buds and fill you with warm fuzzies. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or looking for a delicious weeknight meal, you can’t go wrong with Memphis-Style Pulled Pork. The intense smoky flavors combined with the unique charring technique make this dish one of a kind – and one you won’t soon forget!