Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
A dish full of flavor, and sure to satisfy any appetite, Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves is a delicious and healthy option for an appetizer or side dish. Loaded with protein and fiber, these delicious stuffed grape leaves are a combination of cold, grilled, pickled and fresh vegetables. This recipe is sure to become a favorite!
– 1 jar of grape leaves (seedless and preferably packed in oil)
– 2 cups of cooked long grained rice
– 1 red onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tomatoes, diced
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
– 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
– 2 handfuls of chopped fresh parsley
– 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
– 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
– 2 tablespoons of raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly oil a baking dish.
2. Place the grape leaves in a large bowl and cover them with boiling water. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the cooked rice and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, parsley, mint, pine nuts, and raisins.
7. Place each leaf on a work surface, stem end facing you and veining running up and down. Place a heaping tablespoon of the filling into the center of the leaf and roll up, tucking in the sides.
8. Place the stuffed leaves seam side down in the baking dish.
9. Bake for 25 minutes and serve warm or room temperature.
Enjoy your Mediterranean Stuffed Grape Leaves!