Mediterranean Moutabal Recipe
The classic, creamy Moutabal also known as baba ghanoush is a wonderful way to get a flavorful and healthy meal on the table. It is easy to make and is a great combination of delightful Mediterranean flavors that everyone can enjoy.
Moutabal is a cooked eggplant dish which is often served as a dip or spread. Everything from the smoky flavor of the eggplant to the creamy richness of the tahini makes this classic recipe a must try!
-2 large eggplants
-2 cloves garlic
-3 tablespoons tahini
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-1 teaspoon ground coriander
-Parsley to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut eggplant in half and rub olive oil on the cut side. Place cut side down onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
2. Remove eggplant from oven and let cool.
3. Once cool enough to handle, scoop out the eggplant from the skin and place in a bowl. Discard the skins.
4. Combine garlic, tahini, salt, lemon juice, and ground coriander. Mix until smooth.
5. Add eggplant to the bowl and mash with a fork until desired consistency is achieved.
6. Garnish with parsley and serve with pita bread, chips, or vegetables. Enjoy!