Mediterranean Lamb Kebabs
Bring the fragrant flavors and bright colors of the Mediterranean to your dinner table with this simple, delicious recipe for Mediterranean Lamb Kebabs! Juicy cubes of lamb are marinated in a flavorful blend of herbs, spices and a citrusy white wine before they’re skewered with vegetables and grilled to perfection.
This recipe is a great one for entertaining, as it can easily be adapted to serve a crowd. Simply double or triple the ingredients for more servings. Serve the lamb kebabs with a side of rice or flat bread for a complete meal.
- 1.5 lbs. boneless leg of lamb, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into large pieces
- 4-6 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, white wine, oregano, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add the cubed lamb to the bowl and toss with the marinade. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated lamb onto the soaked skewers, alternating with bell pepper and onion pieces.
- Grill the kebabs for 5-7 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until the lamb is cooked through and the vegetables are charred.
- Serve with a side of rice or flat bread, if desired.