Falafel is a delicious Middle Eastern dish that has become a popular street food around the world. Usually filled with delicious ingredients like chickpeas, herbs, and spices, falafel makes for a tasty and healthy snack. This Mediterranean Falafel recipe will give you a more authentic taste of the Middle East with its rich flavors and crunchy texture.
-1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
-1/2 cup diced red onion
-1/2 cup diced bell pepper
-2 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon cumin
-1 tablespoon coriander
-1 tablespoon dried oregano
-2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
-1 teaspoon sea salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1/4 cup olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, onion, bell pepper, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, parsley, salt, and pepper. Pulse the ingredients until they are finely chopped.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the flour until well blended.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with olive oil.
5. Using wet hands, form the mixture into 12-15 small patties. Place on baking sheet and brush with remaining olive oil.
6. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping falafel halfway through.
7. Serve warm with tahini sauce, hummus, and pita bread. Enjoy!