Meatloaf without Ketchup: Everything You Need To Know
Put aside the ketchup for your meatloaf because trust us, you don’t need it! This classic comfort food dish tastes even better without the popular condiment, and it’s easier than ever to make a flavorful, juicy meatloaf without ketchup. Get ready for a mouth-watering, savory, and scrumptious meal that your whole family will love!
To start things off, you’ll want to use a mix of beef and pork for your meatloaf. Using both varieties of meat is key for keeping your meatloaf juicy and tender. As for the spices, you can go as classic, or as unique as you’d like with garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, oregano, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. But no matter what, you’ll want to use fresh, quality ingredients to truly make your meatloaf sing.
The Perfect Meatloaf Without Ketchup
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste (we recommend using ~1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef and pork. Add the onion, garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. Mix together until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the breadcrumbs and chicken broth. Mix together until the ingredients are combined.
- Add the egg and breadcrumbs mixture to the meat mixture and mix together until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Form the mixture into a loaf shape and place on an lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once the meatloaf is cooked through, remove from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
For your side dish, you can go simple with some steamed or roasted veggies. Completely optional, but consider sprinkling grated parmesan on the veggies right before serving!
Meatloaf without ketchup is sure to be the perfect, cozy dinner your family’s been waiting for. Get ready to savor a delicious and juicy meal that’s sure to become a favorite in your household. Enjoy!