Meatloaf without Bread Crumbs
A meatloaf without breadcrumbs is a great, low-carb alternative to traditional meatloaf. This healthy spin on a classic dish is perfect for those watching their carb intake!
This recipe without bread crumbs uses finely chopped vegetables and herbs in place of the bread crumbs, giving a crunch and lightness to the dish. The vegetables also add great flavor that pairs well with a hearty slice of meatloaf. This version is a great option for those who wish to avoid processed carbs and gluten, as it does not require any grains or long-cooking starches.
Making a great-tasting meatloaf without bread crumbs is surprisingly simple. The key to a successful loaf is to make sure all the vegetables are finely chopped and blended with the meat mixture. This will ensure a homogenous texture and well-distributed flavor. It should then be formed into a nice loaf shape and chilled until it is firm before you bake it.
This meatloaf without bread crumbs is perfect with a simple side salad or mashed potatoes. It’s a great option for those trying to eat less carbs and still enjoy a savory dish. Enjoy!
– 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
– 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
– 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
– 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
– 2 large eggs
– 1/4 cup tomato sauce or ketchup
– 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients until they are evenly distributed.
3. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place the meat mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan, shaping it into an even rectangle.
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the center registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer.
7. Allow the loaf to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!