Mouthwatering Meatloaf with Mushrooms
If you’re looking for a hearty and flavourful meal, then this Meatloaf with Mushrooms will be sure to hit the spot! It’s a classic dish that’s packed with flavour and is sure to make for a hugely satisfying dinner. Not to mention, it’s surprisingly simple to make and uses ingredients you are most likely to have in your kitchen.
Meatloaf is one of those comfort food dishes that’s perfect for those cold winter nights. This particular version is filled with the goodness of mushrooms, adding extra flavour and nutrition to the dish. Mushrooms are one of the great sources of protein and vitamins, especially vitamin D and fiber. So, you’ll be getting plenty of good nutrition along with some serious flavour. Let’s get started on this dish!
• 2 lb beef mince
• 2 large onions, finely chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 4 tbsp tomato paste
• 2 eggs, whisked
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 tsp each of dried basil, oregano & thyme
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350F (175C).
2. In a large bowl, combine beef mince, onions, garlic, mushrooms, parsley, tomato paste, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, dried basil, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. With your clean hands, mix all of the ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
4. Grease a medium-sized baking dish with some oil or butter.
5. Take the mixture and form it into a large rectangular shape in the dish.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
7. To check doneness, insert an internal thermometer into the middle of the meatloaf and make sure that it reaches an internal temperature of 160F (71C).
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
This Meatloaf with Mushrooms recipe is the perfect combination of wholesome and flavourful. The end product is tender and juicy, packed with the deliciousness of beef, mushrooms, onions and garlic. Serve it with a side of mashed potatoes or roasted vegetables for an extra hearty and nutritious meal.
We hope you enjoy this fast and flavourful Meatloaf with Mushrooms recipe. Bon appetite!