Cheery Chicken Meatloaf Recipe with Onion Soup Mix
Nothing says home-cooked comfort food like a hearty slab of meatloaf. With a swipe of ketchup and a sprinkle of herbs, this family favorite takes the cake for easiest-to-make meals. But why settle for standard meatloaf when you can up the flavor ante and introduce a little zing and zest with this cheery chicken meatloaf recipe?
Using layers of savory onion soup mix and a splash of Worcestershire sauce, this meatloaf is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. And you’ll be thrilled with the time you’ll save by not pre-cooking the onions. In a mix of minced meats (or explore your inner chef with a mix of your own!), this dish can be adapted to even the daintiest of palates.
– 1 large onion, diced
– 1/4 cup dry onion soup mix
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 pounds ground meat (chicken, turkey, beef, or pork)
– 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5−inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together onion, onion soup mix, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, salt and pepper.
3. Place the meatloaf mixture in the prepared loaf pan. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf reads 165°F.
4. Let your meatloaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board. Slice and serve with your favorite sides.
For added flair, top your meatloaf with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley or chives for a pop of color and freshness. Then, serve with a side of creamy mashed potatoes or a creamy gravy to get your family and friends begging for more.
This flavorful twist on the classic meatloaf is sure to be a winner in your house. Not only does it feature the same smoky beef flavor you love, but the addition of the onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce gives it a robust depth of flavor you can’t help but love. No more boring meatloaf! Serve alone or pair with some roasted organic veggies for a complete meal.