Delicious Meatball Salad
Treat your tastebuds to this flavourful, juicy, and colourful Meatball Salad! Bursting with Italian-style flavours and textures, this dish is sure to satisfy your appetite.
This Mediterranean-style salad comes together quickly and easily with simple yet dynamic ingredients. The meatballs – made from minced beef, onions and spices – are cooked in tomato sauce and served over a bed of greens and topped with salty feta and pine nuts for a meal that’s equal parts delicious and nutritious.
The dish offers the perfect balance of savoury, guilt-free flavours. The sweet tomatoes, salty feta and crunchy nuts provide a complex medley of flavours that keep you coming back for more.
If you’re looking for an alternative to traditional meatballs, this dish is a must-try. By adding fresh greens and topped with a vinaigrette dressing, it’s a healthier alternative with plenty of filling power. Plus, it’s perfect for lunch or dinner, and can be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd.
– 500g minced beef
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tin of diced tomatoes
– 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
– 4 cups assorted greens (rocket, spinach and endive)
– ¼ cup feta, crumbled
– 2 tablespoons pine nuts
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
– Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, garlic, tomatoes and Italian herbs. Season generously with salt and pepper, and mix until well combined.
2. Roll the mixture into 2-3cm balls, and place on a lined oven tray. Bake in a preheated oven of 180°C for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, combine the greens, feta and pine nuts in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and mix gently to combine.
4. Slice the cooked meatballs in half, and add to the salad. Serve with a side of crusty garlic bread.
This Meatball Salad is sure to be a family favourite. So whip up this easy and delicious dish tonight and enjoy a flavourful and nutritious meal.