Discover the deliciousness of McDougall Soup
When it comes to soup recipes, no one can deny the mouthwatering deliciousness of McDougall Soup. This unique and flavorful dish has been cherished in Scotland for centuries and is sure to tantalize your taste buds. McDougall Soup is a medley of fresh vegetables, flavorful herbs and spices, and your choice of meat. It’s a delicious and nutritious option to warm you up on chilly evenings.
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 onions, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 2 lbs. potatoes, diced
– 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
– 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
– 1 cup frozen corn
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
– 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (optional)
– Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large pot or Dutch oven. When it shimmers, add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are soft and golden brown.
2. Add the carrots, celery, and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the broth, tomatoes, corn, and herbs. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Add in the cooked chicken if desired. Simmer, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, if needed. Serve warm.
McDougall Soup is like a comforting hug in a bowl! The juicy tomatoes and flavorful herbs create an unforgettable soup experience, with an undercurrent of deep and complex flavor. The addition of chicken makes this a hearty meal, perfect for cold winter nights. If you’re looking for a unique way to spice up your soup routine, or just a unique way to keep warm, try McDougall Soup!