McDonald’s Hot Chocolate Recipe: A Tasty Treat for Winter Days
Dare to indulge with this twist on classic hot chocolate: a McDonald’s Hot Chocolate recipe. A perfect winter day requires the perfect beverage—warm, comforting, and loaded with flavor. With this combination of creamy chocolate, steamed milk and sweet essence of caramel, you’ll cozy up to a cup of deliciousness.
– 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 2 cups of whole milk
– 1 teaspoon of caramel sauce
– Optional: 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and freshly grated nutmeg
1. Heat the milk in a medium saucepan until it reaches a low boil.
2. Add the chocolate chips to the boiling milk and continually stir until evenly distributed.
3. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add the caramel sauce and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Top the hot chocolate with extra caramel sauce and optional ground cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Serve the hot chocolate with marshmallows, whipped cream, and a sprinkle of shaved chocolate (optional).
This recipe is best served hot. Feel free to make the hot chocolate as creamy or as rich as you’d like by adjusting the amount of milk and chocolate chips. For a special riff on the classic, try adding a dollop of Nutella to your hot chocolate.
This McDonald’s hot chocolate recipe brings together two iconic flavors—chocolate and caramel—into one rich and indulgent drink. It takes only a few minutes of your time to preheat, melt and mix, to enjoy the warmth and sweetness of this winter classic. Try it out yourself and feel the warmth of comfort on your coldest days.