Chocolatey and Sweet Matcha Chiffon Cake
Matcha chiffon cake is the perfect confectionery combination of chocolatey and sweet. It is a light and airy cake with just the right balance of creamy matcha goodness and chocolatey depth. Whether you’re a matcha fan or a chocoholic, this cake is perfect for any occasion.
For the Cake
To make this delicious chiffon cake, you’ll need:
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 4 egg yolks, at room temperature
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup unsweetened matcha green tea powder
For the Chocolate Ganache:
To make the rich and creamy chocolate ganache topping, you’ll need:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark cheesecake flavored baking chips
- For the cake – Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks and oil and whisk until fully combined.
In a small bowl, combine milk, flour, baking powder, and matcha. Gently fold milk mixture into egg mixture until completely combined.
Divide batter evenly among two cake pans and bake for 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the ganache – In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, slowly heat the heavy cream until just before boiling. Remove from heat. Add in white chocolate chips and stir until melted. Add in dark cheesecake flavored baking chips and stir until melted. Let cool for 15 minutes at room temperature before pouring over cooled cake.
- To assemble – Once cake is cooled, place one layer on a cake platter and top with half of the chocolate ganache. Place second cake layer on top and top with remaining half of ganache.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a tasty treat, a matcha chiffon cake is sure to please. With its light and airy matcha cake topped with creamy chocolate ganache, this delicious dessert is the perfect way to satisfy any craving for something sweet and indulgent.