Masterchef Beef Short Ribs
Beef short ribs are a hearty, delicious entrée that is popular among master chefs in kitchens around the world. These tender, juicy cuts of beef are marinated and slow-cooked in sauces and rubs to create a flavorful and succulent dish. Whether you’re entertaining a crowd or serving weeknight comfort food, these beef short ribs will leave your guests with a lasting impression.
– 2-3 lbs of beef short ribs
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 1 cup of red wine
– 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
– 2 cups of beef broth
– 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and season the ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the ribs for 2 minutes per side.
3. Remove the ribs from the skillet and add the garlic, onion, and tomato paste to the skillet and sauté for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
4. Deglaze the skillet with the red wine and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, dijon mustard, smoked paprika, and the ribs to the skillet and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for 1-2 hours or until the ribs are tender.
7. Serve the short ribs immediately, spooning the sauce over them. Enjoy!