Mary Berry Soda Bread – A Delightful Irish Bread That Will Make Your St. Patrick’s Day More Special
Are you looking for a recipe to make your St. Patrick’s Day more special? Look no further, this Mary Berry Soda Bread is the perfect Irish-inspired bread to delight your family and friends! Named after the famous British television chef Mary Berry, this soda bread is a delicious blend of fruity flavors and a delightful texture.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
– 4.5 ounces sultanas
– 2.5 ounces currants
– 2 tablespoons of caraway seeds
– 1/2 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
– 2 tablespoons of melted butter
– 12 fluid ounces of buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and soft brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the sultanas, currants, caraway seeds, and bicarbonate of soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until combined.
5. Add the melted butter and buttermilk and mix to combine.
6. Knead the dough for 2-3 minutes on a lightly floured surface until it forms a ball.
7. Place the dough on a floured baking sheet and shape into a round.
8. Cut a cross into the center of the dough.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
10.Allow the bread to cool before serving.
This Mary Berry Soda Bread is a simple and straightforward recipe, but the flavors and texture really take it to the next level! The fruity notes of the sultanas and currants combine perfectly with the caraway seeds and bicarbonate of soda to create an explosion of flavor. The texture of the soda bread is incredibly light and fluffy, yet still chewy and satisfying.
This soda bread is not only great for St. Patrick’s Day, but it is perfect for any occasion! Whether you are having a special family meal or a gathering of friends, this soda bread will make the meal even more special.
If you are looking for more Irish-inspired recipes, why not try some traditional Irish scones or Irish brown bread? Both are amazing recipes that are surprisingly easy to make!
So what are you waiting for? Try out this amazing Mary Berry Soda Bread recipe and you won’t be disappointed!