Maple and Almond Nut Tarts
Sweet Dough (tart shell)
- 2 1/3 cups unsifted all-purpose flour (*spooned gently into measuring cup, do not tap or shake cup when measuring)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 whole egg
- – In a food processor, pulse all sweet dough ingredients together until the dough comes together.
- – Wrap dough in cling film, and chill for 30 minutes inside the fridge.
Maple and Almond Filling
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups coarsely chopped almonds (or you can also use slivered almonds)
- – Mix all filling ingredients together and set the mixture aside.
- – Preheat oven at 350’F
- – You will need 4 mini (12-mould) muffin pans.
- – Take the dough out of the fridge and scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into each mini muffin mould. Press dough and create a cylindrical indentation to hold the filling.
- – Spoon filling in each prepared unbaked shells.
- – Bake tarts for 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- – Lift tarts from moulds 5 minutes after taking the pans out of the oven. Cool tarts on wire racks.
Makes 48 mini tarts
Food Photographs And Recipes (Jeannie Maristela) / CC BY-ND 3.0