Introducing Mama’s Pound Cake, a Delicious Home-cooked Treat
What’s more comforting and delicious than a home-cooked pound cake? Mama’s Pound Cake is a traditional family favorite recipe, passed down through generations, with a few minor variations over the years. Its sweet, buttery flavor is sure to please even the pickiest of palates. Plus, it’s surprisingly simple and quick to make. So why not give it a try?
Classic Ingredients with a Few Unusual Twists
Mama’s Pound Cake relies on the classic combination of a few simple ingredients, including butter, sugar, and eggs. To kick things up a notch, Mama’s recipe calls for a unique addition of almond extract to give the cake its distinct flavor. To complete the ingredients list, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Baking Tips For a Perfect Pound Cake Crumb Every Time
Mama’s Pound Cake may seem intimidating, especially if you’ve never done much baking before. But following a few key tips will help to ensure success. It’s important to remember to cream the butter and sugar together until it’s light and fluffy before adding in the eggs. Don’t forget to alternately add in the flour mixture and the milk. And be sure to use a generous amount of butter (or cooking spray) on the pan before baking.
A Home Baked Treat for Any Occasion
Mama’s Pound Cake is a crowd-pleaser that can be enjoyed with a simple dusting of organic powdered sugar or served in creative ways like with cream cheese frosting, fresh fruit, and a drizzle of honey. It can be the star of any breakfast table, dessert buffet, or even just a special treat on a Sunday afternoon. So why not give this lovely family recipe a try? You won’t regret it.
The Recipe: Mama’s Pound Cake
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 2 cups sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons almond extract
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3/4 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in the almond extract.
6. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
7. Alternately add the flour mixture and milk to the butter mixture, stirring gently after each addition.
8. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!