If you are looking for an indulgent dessert with a caramel-laced twist, then our recipe for Maker’s Mark Cake is just the thing to tantalize your taste buds.
The unusual combination of chocolate, Maker’s Mark, and caramel in this dessert might pique one’s curiosity. After all, who wouldn’t be curious to see what happens when you combine three distinct flavors? The answer? A heavenly indulgence that will have your friends and family begging for seconds.
Using double chocolate cake mix as the base, this Maker’s Mark Cake benefits from the deep chocolate flavor while the Maker’s Mark adds a subtle, smoky flavor that tempers the sweetness of the chocolate. Freshly brewed espresso helps bring out the richness of the chocolate. To turn chocolate into something even more decadent, we’ve added chunks of caramel throughout the batter and fresh caramel sauce over the top for an extra drizzle of sweetness and complexity.
This Maker’s Mark Cake is a spectacular display of indulgence and creativity. With a deep chocolate base and the hint of smoky Maker’s Mark liquor and plenty of caramel, our cake is sure to be a hit. Plus, there’s plenty of flavor to go around. Make it for your next gathering and enjoy the compliments from your guests.
Ready to sink your teeth into this Maker’s Mark Cake? Here’s what you’ll need:
– 2 boxes of double chocolate cake mix
– 6 eggs
– ½ cup Maker’s Mark whiskey
– 2 cups of freshly brewed espresso
– 1 cup of oil
– 4 tablespoons salted butter
– 4-6 caramels, coarsely chopped
– 2 tablespoons of light corn syrup
For the Caramel Sauce:
– 4 tablespoons salted butter
– 6 caramels
– 1/3 cup heavy cream
– 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, Maker’s Mark whiskey, espresso, oil, butter, caramels, and corn syrup.
3. Beat on medium speed until everything is fully combined and you have a smooth batter.
4. Divide the batter evenly between the two pans, smoothing out the top.
5. Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow cakes to cool completely before frosting.
7. For the caramel sauce, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add salted butter, caramels, heavy cream and corn syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until caramels are completely melted and the sauce is smooth.
8. Let the sauce cool slightly before pouring it over the cakes.
9. Place one of the cakes on a cake platter. Spread the caramel sauce over top and place the second cake on top to form a layer cake.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Our Maker’s Mark Cake is a flavor-rich, indulgent treat that’s sure to be a hit. The caramel and Maker’s Mark add a luxurious sweetness that tempers the deep chocolate flavor of the cake. Plus, the added espresso adds an interesting twist. You’ll be hard-pressed to find another recipe that has such a deliciously unique mix of flavors.
So why wait? Prepare this delectable dessert and dig in to layer cake heaven!