Magnolia Chocolate Cake: A Delicious and Unique Dessert Recipe
For a decadent twist on the traditional chocolate cake, look no further than this Magnolia Chocolate Cake recipe. A beloved favorite of chefs and home cooks alike, this cake combines the rich, creamy sweetness of magnolia cream and the iconic taste of dark chocolate for a truly unforgettable dessert.
The Sweetness of Magnolia Cream
A unique ingredient in the Magnolia Chocolate cake is magnolia cream, which has a luxurious and sweet flavor similar to that of traditional heavy whipping cream. This cream, which is derived from the magnolia seed, adds an extra layer of sweetness to the cake. It adds creaminess and a unique flavour that is certain to make any cake a hit.
A Delicious Blend of Flavors
In addition to the magnolia cream, this recipe also features a blend of dark chocolate and cocoa powder, which add a heavenly flavor to the cake. For an extra delicious treat, try adding in some chopped pecans or walnuts for an added crunch.
The preparation of the cake is simple and straightforward. To make the cake, simply combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and then add them to the dry mixture. Once the batter is mixed and combined, pour it into two greased cake pans and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
A Luscious Finishing Touch
Finally, top the Magnolia Chocolate cake with a generous layer of cream cheese frosting. This luscious frosting pairs perfectly with the chocolatey cake and pairs particularly well with the sweetness of the magnolia cream.
A Classic Dessert Recipe
This Magnolia Chocolate Cake recipe is an all-time favorite among traditional dessert recipes. Whether you’re feeding a crowd of party guests or simply in the mood for a delicious treat, this is the perfect cake to satisfy any sweet tooth. For more traditional dessert recipes, try adding a twist on the classic with this Raspberry Chocolate Cake or experiment with the flavors of Mexico with this Mexican Chocolate Cake.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
3/4 cup magnolia cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F
2. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, magnolia cream, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
6. Add the boiling water slowly and mix until all of the ingredients are fully combined.
7. Divide the batter evenly between the two greased cake pans.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. Allow to cool before topping with cream cheese frosting.