Herbed Quinoa and Grilled Red Pepper Salad
This easy and delightful salad is sure to be an instant hit with your family or friends, who will love its colorful appeal as well as its nutritious ingredients. If you’re not a fan of quinoa, you can substitute with any other grain such as farro, barley, wheat berries or brown rice.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as rosemary, thyme, tarragon or basil (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and grilled
- 1/2 cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan together with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked through. Drain any excess water and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa with the olive oil, garlic powder and herbs. Mix until well combined.
- Add the grilled red pepper, cherry tomatoes, black olives, salt and pepper and mix again. Add additional herbs if desired.
- Transfer the salad to a serving platter and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.