Macrobiotic Sweets: Delicious and Naturally Balanced Cookies
If you are looking for a delicious, naturally balanced cookie recipe, then look no further!This macrobiotic cookies recipe is perfect for a healing snack, or to indulge on with a cup of tea or a café au lait. These cookies have an intriguing combination of sweet and salty flavors and have a sublimely crumbly, melt-in-your-mouth texture. The chewy dried fruit add a delectable juiciness to the mix.
The idea of macrobiotics originated from the East and is all about creating balance in your diet. Our macrobiotic cookies balance the proteins, carbs and fats for a light and healthy treat.
– 80g rolled oats
– 60g mixed raw nuts
– 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
– 2 teaspoons maple syrup
– 80g mixed dried fruit
– 2 tablespoons black or white sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor, roughly grind the oats, nuts and seed into coarse crumbs.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine the oat and nut crumbs with the oil, maple syrup, and dried fruit.
4. Using your hands, combine into a dough.
5. Divide dough into small balls and flatten them out to create cookie shapes.
6. Place the cookies onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Enjoy your macrobiotic cookies with a hot cup of tea.
These cookies are perfect anytime of the day as they are delicious, energizing, and really satisfying. They’re also super easy to make and require minimal effort. Plus, they are naturally vegan and gluten-free, so they’re good for all dietary requirements.
So why not give these healthy macrobiotic cookies a go! We promise you won’t be disappointed.