Lucky Spell Jar
Nothing gives us the peace of mind and extra bit of confidence like having luck on our side. Whether you are starting a new business, going on a first date, or preparing to take an important exam – luck can give you the extra edge you need when things don’t feel entirely in your control.
One easy way to increase your luck is to create a luck spell jar. This simple craft project and ritual takes little effort, but can provide a lifetime of good fortune.
What You’ll Need
- Glass or mason jar with a suitable lid
- Fresh herbs (dried herbs will work too, but fresh is preferable)
- Blessed salt, crystals and stones
- Steel pins, silver flakes, gold flakes, or glitter
- Pen and paper
- Cleanse and bless your jar. You can do this by placing it in the light of the full moon and a flame of a white Candle. Visualize your intention of having greater luck and ask the Universe to fill the jar with good fortune.
- Place your herbs, blessed salt, crystals, stones, and pins into the jar. We recommend bay leaves, lemongrass, patchouli, and jasmine – as these herbs will help attract luck with money, love, career, and spiritual luck. It can also be helpful to choose stones or crystals associated with luck – such as turquoise, carnelian, obsidian, and tiger’s eye.
- Add silver or gold flakes (if you have them) or glitter.
- Using the needle, write your intention for luck into a piece of paper (or parchment). This will vary according to your specific need for luck.
- Roll the paper into a tight bundle and insert it into the jar.
- Cover the jar and seal it with wax to ‘seal’ your intention and make the spell stronger.
- Finally, hold the jar in your hand and say the following words:
“Luck of the moon, luck of the sun, luck be upon me before day is done.”
- Place your jar in an area that brings you positive energy and let it sit for at least one full cycle of the moon. You may even want to prepare a new jar each lunar cycle.
With luck spell jar, your luck can start to increase over time – as it works to you improve your life by drawing out good luck by the magnetism of the universe.