Low FODMAP Cake – Something Sweet with Reduced Gastrointestinal Troubles
Low FODMAP cake is a delicious treat designed especially with digestive sensitivity in mind. It is made with fewer carbohydrates that can trigger gastrointestinal upset. This recipes provides a simple yet intensely flavoured cake sure to please even the most sensitive of eaters.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt and poppy seeds. Mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk coconut oil and coconut sugar together until creamy.
- Mix in almond milk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until the ingredients are just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9-inch round pan. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Low FODMAP cake is a great way to enjoy something sweet without drastically increasing your gastrointestinal troubles. This cake recipe is a perfect balance of intense flavours and gentle ingredients sure to satisfy and calm the tummy. So grab a spoon and a slice of this deliciousness and treat yourself to something truly special.