Lotus Drink Recipe
This light and refreshing lotus drink is sure to please your guests at your next summer party. It’s easy to make and can be served chilled or over ice. It’s a delicious way to take advantage of lotus leaves, a common ingredient in Southeast Asian cuisine.
– 4 cups water
– 8 dried lotus leaves
– ¼ cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons honey
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
– Pinch of salt
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan and add the lotus leaves. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Strain the lotus leaves from the water and discard.
3. Return the infused water to the saucepan, add the sugar, honey, and lime juice and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
5. Transfer the liquid to a pitcher or large container and add the salt.
6. Allow to cool and refrigerate until chilled.
7. Serve chilled or over ice. Enjoy!