Originating in Austin, Texas, there are few dishes that capture the flavor of Texas like Longhorn Chili. This hearty chili is packed with flavor and is sure to satisfy those looking for a hearty dish. It’s easy to make and flavorful, making it a great go-to dish for weeknight dinners or potluck events.
No matter what your preferences, Longhorn Chili is a surefire winner. The combination of beef, tomatoes, and spices makes for a delicious and hearty chili. The addition of cilantro adds a unique and flavorful twist to this otherwise classic dish. Let’s get cooking!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, cook the beef and onions over medium-high heat for about 8 minutes until the beef is cooked through. Drain any excess fat
- Add in the chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring until combined.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and cilantro. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add black beans and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!