Lime Frosted Coconut Bars
If you’re looking for a tropical spin on a classic bar dessert, these lime frosted coconut bars are for you! Boasting layers of soft and moist coconut cake, a tart lime frosting and a generous coating of toasted coconut, this tasty treat is one that’s sure to impress. Give it a try today and you’re sure to have everyone coming back for seconds!
-½ cup butter (melted)
-2 cups all-purpose flour
-2/3 cup sugar
-2/3 cup shredded coconut
-3 teaspoons baking powder
-1 teaspoon salt
-1 cup milk
-1 teaspoon coconut extract
-1 tablespoon lime zest
-2 cups powdered sugar
-2 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
-3 tablespoons lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, all-purpose flour, sugar, shredded coconut, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, coconut extract and lime zest.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
5. Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow the bars to cool completely before frosting.
7. To make the frosting, combine the powdered sugar, butter and lime juice in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
8. Spread the lime frosting over the cooled bars and sprinkle with toasted shredded coconut.
9. Cut bars into squares and enjoy!