Gooey and Sweet Lemon Jumbles Cookies – A Journey of Temptation
The unmistakable aroma of freshly zested lemon mixed with sweet melted sugar is about to become a reality in your kitchen! Lemon Jumbles cookies are the perfect blend of gooeyness and sweetness, making them irresistible from the first bite. This recipe is sure to delight family and friends, while also introducing your taste buds to bold new flavors.
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1 large egg
– Zest of 1 lemon
– Squeeze of juice from the lemon
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and baking soda.
4. Gradually add the flour and mix until combined.
5. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
7. Let cool for 3-4 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Enjoy!
The wonderfully chewy texture of Lemon Jumbles Cookies accompanied by the tart, citrus-infused flavor, is a memorable experience that’s not to be missed. The scent will fill up your home and be your reward for taking all the careful steps required to make this delicious treat. Not to mention that the bright and cheerful yellow of the lemon enlivens the traditional sugar cookie.
This recipe is sure to entice everyone at the dinner table, but it plays a similar role in the Spanish kitchen where it is known as Limonadas. There, you’ll often find it served with a scoop of ice cream or crema Catalana, a caramelized custard infused with lemon zest.
So, if you’re looking for an exciting new way to capture the spirit of the season, be sure to try our Lemon Jumbles Cookies recipe. Soft and sweet, tangy and sugary, they will be your passport to a journey of temptation!