Lebanese Zaatar Recipe
Zaatar is a Middle Eastern condiment used in many Lebanese dishes. It has a unique flavor that can add a burst of flavor to any meal. This Lebanese Zaatar recipe combines the traditional ingredients of thyme, oregano, sumac, sesame seeds and olive oil to create a versitle, delicious condiment. It can be used as a spread on a variety of food such as flatbreads, toast, crackers and sandwiches. It is also great as a dip with fresh vegetables and pita chips.
– 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh Thyme
– 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh Oregano
– 3 tablespoons of Sumac
– 1/4 cup of Sesame Seeds
– 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1. Combine all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil, into a bowl and mix together.
2. Gradually add in the olive oil, mixing the ingredients together until a thick, chunky paste has formed.
3. Spread the paste onto flatbreads, toast, crackers or sandwiches. Or use as a dip with fresh vegetables, pita chips and other Lebanese dishes.
Lebanese Zaatar is a great condiment to have on hand. It’s easy to make and can be used in so many ways. With its unique flavor, it adds a burst of flavor to any meal. Enjoy this delicious Lebanese Zaatar today and enjoy it in your favorite dishes for a flavorful and versatile meal!