Lavash Bread Recipe Ideas: An Easy and Delicious Way to Enjoy an Ancient Deliciousness
Lavash bread is an ancient side dish with a storied pedigree that spans back for centuries. A beloved staple in some Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and other Central Asian cultures, it holds a special place in many families. This traditional flatbread has a somewhat flat and crunchy texture, making it perfect for dipping in sauces or spreading with butter or cheese.
If you’ve yet to experience lavash bread and are looking to get acquainted, try out this quick and easy recipe! It’s perfect for any time of day or night. Between its simplicity, bold flavors, and time-honored heritage, we can guarantee that this will be one dish you’ll be wanting to make over and over again.
– 2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 4 tablespoons of olive oil
– 13/4 cups of warm water
– 10g of yeast
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 2 teaspoons of salt
1. In a bowl, mix together the warm water, yeast, and sugar until the yeast is completely dissolved. Place a damp kitchen towel on top and let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. On a clean work surface, sift the flour and salt through a strainer. Make a well in the centre and slowly start pouring the yeast mixture into it while making a circular motion with your hand to combine the ingredients.
3. Knead the dough for the next 5 minutes or so until the mixture is light and elastic. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and knead for another few minutes. Place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a damp kitchen towel for about an hour in a warm place.
4. Once it’s doubled in size, the dough is ready to be worked on. Cut the dough into four equal portions, roll them into balls and place them on a floured work space.
5. Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel and let them relax for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Preheat your oven to 220°C. Grease a baking tray with some olive oil, and then roll out one of the balls of dough into a thin rectangle shape. Place the rolled out dough onto the greased baking tray.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.
8. Peel the lavash bread off the baking sheet and transfer it onto a flat surface.
This lavash bread is perfect to serve fresh out of the oven, or even as part of a savory wrap with grilled chicken or veggies. With its rich, crusty texture, it’s sure to bring any meal to life. Grab a bite and let the flavorful notes of this traditional recipe delight you!
Lavash bread is a timeless classic and the best part is, it’s easy and delicious. Try it out for yourself and discover what an array of unique and delicious tastes can come from just a few simple ingredients.