Taste the Authentic Flavor of Kosher Kani Salad
If you have a craving for something flavorful and savory, look no further than Kosher Kani Salad. This colorful, tasty and healthy dish brings together all of the best ingredients of the Middle-Eastern cuisine – and yes, it’s kosher!
Cooked and cooked again, the base of the salad is a combination of cooked rice and wheat, stirred in olive oil, lemon, and garlic. That’s enough to make your mouth water, right there. But that’s just the beginning.
The next layer is even more delicious, combining cooked carrots, parsley, and onions. Add in some spices like cumin and turmeric, and the result is an altogether unique and delicious ingredient mix!
Now for the real star of the show, the Kani. If you want to keep it fully kosher, you’ll need to get your hands on some Kosher Kani. For the uninitiated, Kani is a type of fish, similar in style to salmon or mackerel. It’s specially grown by fishers who adhere to kosher guidelines, so you can be sure that everything is properly cooked.
Fried and mixed into the salad, the Kani provides a burst of flavor that can’t be beat. Once the whole thing has been mixed together, top it off with a few extra spices and a generous helping of some extra garlic and you have yourself a meal that’s sure to be loved by all.
Kosher Kani Salad is a great way to showcase the flavorful tastes of the Middle-East in a dish that anyone can rustle up. Combining a few simple ingredients and some special spices and herbs, it’s sure to become a favorite on your table!
– 1 cup cooked Rice
– 1 cup cooked Wheat
– Olive Oil
– Juice from 1 Lemon
– 4 Garlic Cloves
– 1 cup cooked Carrots
– ½ cup chopped Parsley Leaves
– ½ cup chopped Onions
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp turmeric
– Salt & Pepper to taste
– ½ lb Kosher Kani, fried
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice and wheat with 2 tbsp of olive oil, the juice of one lemon, and the minced garlic cloves. Mix everything together until well combined.
2. Now add the cooked carrots, parsley, and chopped onions. Mix everything together.
3. Sprinkle in the cumin and turmeric, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Heat a skillet over medium heat, then add the Kosher Kani and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Once the Kani is cooked, add it to the salad, mixing it all together until combined.
6. Serve up the Kosher Kani Salad and enjoy!