Korean Kalbi Recipe
Korean Kalbi, also known as Korean-style barbequed short ribs, is a Korean barbecue dish from Korean cuisine. The marinade for Korean Kalbi includes pear juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic. The marinade helps to give the ribs their sweet and savory flavor. The short ribs are then cooked on a hot grill until the outside is nicely charred and the inside is juicy and flavorful. Korean Kalbi is a popular and delicious Korean dish that makes an excellent meal for special occasions.
• 2.5 lbs. short ribs
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons sesame oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 yellow onion, minced
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup pear juice
• 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, onion, sugar, and pear juice. Mix well.
2. Add the short ribs to the marinade and stir to coat.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Grill the short ribs for 5-7 minutes per side.
5. Serve the Kalbi with the toasted sesame seeds and extra marinade, if desired. Enjoy!