Korean Gyeran Mari
Korean gyeran mari, also known as egg roll omelet, is a popular appetizer or side dish in Korean cuisine. This savory and slightly sweet dish can easily be made at home with just a few pantry staples. Gyeran mari is served with a variety of accompaniments such as kimchi, roasted seaweed, pickled radish, and rice.
Gyeran mari is usually served in individual bite-sized slices. Because of this, it is a great party food and can be a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. The omelet is slightly sweet, making it incredibly flavorful and inviting. It also has a vibrant color, composed of yolk and whites, that adds a beautiful pop to the dishes it accompanies.
Here is a recipe to make your own gyeran mari at home.
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons of water
• 1 teaspoon of sugar
• Salt to taste
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. Beat the eggs, water, sugar, and salt together in a shallow bowl until everything is thoroughly combined.
2. Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, pour in the egg mixture. Tilt the pan around to spread the eggs evenly.
3. Once the eggs begin to brown, reduce the heat to medium-low. Then carefully flip the omelet over.
4. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the egg is cooked through. When it is finished, carefully slide it onto a plate.
5. Cut the egg roll into four even slices. Serve hot with accompaniments, such as kimchi, roasted seaweed, pickled radish, or rice. Enjoy!