Korean Cream Cake – A Deliciously Unique Dessert
Who doesn’t love indulging in a yummy cake every now and again? Well, this Korean Cream Cake is sure to hit the sweet spot, fusing a classic Western dessert style with the delicious and unique flavors of Korean cuisine.
This cake is sure to make for a special treat for you and your loved ones. A bit of an adventure for the taste buds, its lightly exotic flavors will tantalize them with the unexpected yet pleasant surprise. Of course, the creaminess of the cake cannot be ignored either, making it a delectable option for the sweet-toothed.
• ½ cup of almond flour
• 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
• 2/3 teaspoon of baking powder
• 3 tablespoons of sugar
• Pinch of salt
• ¼ cup of milk
• 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
• ½ teaspoon of mosting powder
• 4 ounces of heavy whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 tablespoons of Gochujang
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. In a bowl, combine the almond flour, cornstarch, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt and mix well.
3. Add in the milk, vegetable oil and almond extract and mix until combined.
4. Grease a baking dish with vegetable oil and pour in the mixture.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
7. In the meantime, start making the cream by combining the heavy cream, sugar and Gochujang in a bowl.
8. Whip the ingredients until peaks form.
9. Once the cake is cooled, spread the cream over it and serve.
Just like that, you’ve created a unique, flavorful cake that stands out above all others. The light sweetness of the almond flour mixed with the slight saltiness of the Gochujang complements each other perfectly, making for a well-rounded dish. And it looks pretty impressive too – a perfect way to wow your dinner guests during an evening of entertaining.
If you’re looking for a new twist on a classic dessert, this Korean Cream Cake should definitely be in the running. And if you’re up for some more Asian inspired desserts, why not try your hand at some Egg Custard Tarts or some classic Chinese pineapple buns.