Tantalizingly Delicious Kimchi Chicken
Are you looking for something different from the standard dinner dishes you usually make? Then you must try this tasty kimchi chicken dish. It’s the perfect blend of sweetness and spice, with a hint of tangy acidity that will tantalize your taste buds and have you returning for more!
Kimchi is a traditional Korean dish that is made from fermented vegetables, mostly cabbage. It’s salty, sour, and full of flavor- and it’s a wonderful addition to all kinds of dishes like this one. Serve over a bed of steamed rice to soak up all the delicious, flavorful juices.
This dish is truly unique and includes ingredients that are both nutritious and delicious. The sweetness of the honey is balanced out with the spiciness of the gochujang (Korean chili pepper paste) and the tanginess of the rice vinegar. The ginger and garlic provide an aromatic, pungent flavor and the sesame oil imparts a toasted nutty flavor.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili pepper paste)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
- 1 cup kimchi, diced
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, gochujang, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the chicken cubes until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and kimchi, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and enjoy!
This kimchi chicken dish is sure to become a favorite. It has layers of flavor and is an easy-to-prepare meal that you can whip up in no time. And the best part? It’s loaded with wholesome ingredients that you can feel good about eating. So go ahead and give this delicious dish a try- your taste buds will thank you!