Comfort Food at its Finest: Kikkoman Orange Chicken!
Tired of the same ol’ weekly dinner lineup? Shake things up with a flavor-filled plate of Kikkoman Orange Chicken! This beloved East-meets-West dish is a guaranteed hit with the whole family.
But what makes this recipe so special? Well, it starts with Kikkoman’s signature light soy sauce as a base. We also mix in a touch of fresh ginger and garlic to tantalize the taste buds and bring out the aromatic undertones of the dish.
Next, the genius combo of zesty orange juice and zest give the chicken a delicious fruity and tangy twist to shine above the rest. But, of course, the most magical element of the dish is the incredibly crispy chicken – thanks to the secret weapon of double-dipping the chicken pieces. Ahh, the crispiness.
It’s not only a timeless classic, but it’s also one of the easiest dinners to make. Prep time is a breeze, and all you need to do from there is patiently wait for it to finish baking in the oven.
-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
-1/2 cup Kikkoman light soy sauce
-1/4 cup Kikkoman rice cooking wine
-1/3 cup orange juice
-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange zest
-1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger root
-2 cloves garlic
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1/4 cup cornstarch
-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place chicken cubes in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the Kikkoman light soy sauce, Kikkoman rice cooking wine, orange juice, orange zest, ginger root, garlic, olive oil, cornstarch, and cayenne pepper.
4. Pour the marinade over the chicken cubes and gently mix together until all the pieces are evenly coated.
5. Transfer the chicken cubes to a greased baking dish, covering the dish completely.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the top begins to lightly brown.
7. Serve with steamed white rice or fragrant jasmine rice.
This irresistible Kikkoman Orange Chicken is a dish that will tantalize your taste buds and delight your family. The perfect balance of crunchy and tangy, you’ll be making this one over and over again. Enjoy!