Great Taste and Health Benefits in A Kick Up the Flavor Bison Enchiladas
If you’re looking for a delicious entrée that also offers health benefits, look no further than these kick up the flavor bison enchiladas. Bison, a leaner and healthier alternative to beef, can be used to create amazing dishes. It’s not only packed with flavor, but also offers a wide range of benefits, from containing high levels of protein and other essential vitamins and minerals to being lower in cholesterol.
These enchiladas will tantalize your taste buds with a variety of flavors. The Bison is combined with sautéed peppers and onions, and topped with a flavorful combination of Mexican spices. When served with a dollop of cool sour cream, they make a satisfying meal.
– 2 pounds ground bison
– 1/2 cup diced onion
– 1/2 cup diced red or green peppers
– 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 8 Corn Tortillas
– 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
– 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– 2 tablespoons sour cream
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large skillet, cook the bison, onion, peppers, garlic, chili powder, and cumin over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the bison is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
4. Take one tortilla and spoon 1/3 cup of the bison mixture onto the tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the cheese blend. Roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish, seam-side down.
5. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and filling.
6. Top the enchiladas with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the enchiladas are heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve with the sour cream. Enjoy!